Move38’s Department of Games is looking for a multi-disciplinary Visual Designer/Game Designer to help us create the worlds our games will inhabit. We're looking for a passionate and creative individual to build on the strong visual identity of the Blinks game system and communicate the value it brings to a growing community. This role will report to the Director of Games.
At Move38, we know that play shapes the way we think. The tools and toys we play with are imbued with the power to teach new skills and refine the ones we already possess. Toys are not simply child's play, but essential objects to think with and navigate our complex world. We entrust toys to teach our children fundamental physics, and more importantly, they encourage social engagement, helping us interact with each other, hands-on, and face-to-face. The social intimacy of play drives us to create. Our mission is to delight hands, challenge minds, and inspire curiosity.
Our small but tight-knit team primarily creates Blinks, the world's first smart tabletop game system. There are over 30 games on the Blinks game system platform, most of them developed by our community.
As a Visual Designer/Game Designer, you will:
- Define a long-term visual/creative strategy for the Games Department and collection of games as a whole.
- Define the visual/creative strategy behind the individual games.
- Create the worlds our games will inhabit.
- Create original visual content for the game pages, rules, and other supporting games material.
- Actively support playtesting of upcoming titles.
- Participate in games related events and conventions. (Travel required)
- 3+ years of professional hands-on graphic design and leadership experience.
- Have shipped several projects working from ideation through publication.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite.
- Ability to incorporate feedback quickly and iteratively.
- Interest in games and smart tabletop technology.
- Experience with playtesting and iterative design.
- Strong sense of organization and communication.
- Able to work in our office in Long Island City, New York.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week
Start date: May 2022
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please send a portfolio, resume, and cover letter outlining your experience to email@example.com
Move38 is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.