Move38 is looking for a multi-disciplinary contract Visual Designer us build the next evolution in smart tabletop gaming. We're looking for a passionate and creative individual to build on the strong visual identity of the Blinks game system and communicate the value it brings to a growing community.
At Move38, we know that play shapes the way we think. The tools and toys we play with are imbued with the power to teach new skills and refine the ones we already possess. Toys are not simply child's play, but essential objects to think with and navigate our complex world. We entrust toys to teach our children fundamental physics, and more importantly, they encourage social engagement, helping us interact with each other, hands-on, and face-to-face. The social intimacy of play drives us to create. Our mission is to delight hands, challenge minds, and inspire curiosity.
Our small but tight-knit team primarily creates Blinks, the world's first smart tabletop game system. There are over 30 games on the Blinks game system platform, most of them developed by our community.
As a Visual Designer, you will:
- Define a long-term creative marketing strategy for a new product launch.
- Define a brand for a new product launch.
- Create original visual content for social media, email campaigns, website, and more from concept to completion.
- Design packaging and supporting materials for physical products.
- Lead communication, processes and outcomes across the team.
- 3+ years of professional hands-on graphic design and leadership experience.
- Proficient with Adobe Suite.
- Demonstrates strong branding, marketing and campaign development skills.
- Interest or experience in motion graphics.
- Ability to incorporate feedback quickly and iteratively.
- Interest in games and smart tabletop technology.
- Strong sense of organization and communication.
- Able to work in our office in Long Island City, New York.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week
- Create innovative experiences that will disrupt the games industry.
- An open working environment where all voices are heard.
Start date: October, 2021
If you’ve got the right skills for the job, we would love to hear from you! Please send a portfolio, resume, and cover letter outlining your experience to firstname.lastname@example.org
Move38 is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.