Game Designer [CLOSED]
Move38 is looking for a full-time Game Designer to help us build the next evolution in smart tabletop gaming. We're looking for a passionate and creative individual to join our tight-knit team and work with and support our dedicated community to deliver the next games for Blinks at a rapid pace.
At Move38, we know that play shapes the way we think. The tools and toys we play with are imbued with the power to teach new skills and refine the ones we already possess. Toys are not simply child's play, but essential objects to think with and navigate our complex world. We entrust toys to teach our children fundamental physics, and more importantly, they encourage social engagement, helping us interact with each other, hands-on, and face-to-face. The social intimacy of play drives us to create. Our mission is to delight hands, challenge minds, and inspire curiosity.
Our small but tight-knit team primarily creates Blinks, the world's first smart tabletop game system. There are over 30 games on the Blinks game system platform, most of them developed by our community.
As a Game Designer, you will:
- Collaborate with our designers, artists, and developers to enable efficient game production practices.
- Ideate and prototype new projects and games that meet the Blinks vision.
- Communicate of new games concepts, processes and outcomes across the team.
- Evaluate, test, and polish community games to published Blinks games.
- Identify and troubleshoot various challenges in game development as they arise.
- Harbor an accessible and active developer community for all types of people to create games on our open-source platform.
- 2+ years of professional hands-on game design experience.
- Proven success with development and/or production of games.
- Ability to incorporate feedback quickly and iteratively.
- Interest in board games and smart tabletop technology.
- Meet goals and milestones.
- Strong sense of organization and communication.
- Experience or interest in programming with Arduino.
- Able to work in our office in Long Island City, New York.
Schedule: Full-time, 40 hrs/week
- Create innovative experiences that will disrupt the games industry.
- An open working environment where all voices are heard.
- Competitive compensation and health insurance coverage.
Start date: September, 2021
Move38 is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.